I am sure that those of you who like to keep in touch with the latest news know about the recent release of the Fruit Company. Recently, Apple released a new iOS version that was meant to fix all bugs and problems encountered in the previous version. However, iOS 6.1 is only a beta version, which means that it is designed for developer use only. Great news is the fact that a reliable jailbreak tool is already available for this iOS version. This is great especially if you want to jailbreak iOS 6.1 after you upgraded to it. Another mention that I would like to do is the fact that jailbreak for iOS 6.1 is only for A4-based devices such as iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th gen. Therefore, for jailbreak 6.1 beta 1, Redsnow 0.9.15b3 is available for performing jailbreak.
If you already upgrade to iOS 6.1 beta 1 and you want to start jailbreak, here is what you need to do.
- First, as you expect, you need to upgrade your device to iOS 6.1 beta 1.
- Download Redsnow 0.9.15b3 on your computer.
- Launch the program while you connect your device to your computer.
- Click on Extras and select IPSW. This means that you need to select the firmware of your device in order for the program to recognize it. After this, go back to the previous menu.
- At this moment, you are free to start jailbreak 6.1 by clicking on the Jailbreak button. The program will start doing its job and all you need to do is to wait several minutes. When the process is done, Redsnow will close.
Since this is only a tethered version, it means that each time when your device losses power, you need to launch Redsnow once again, connect your device and put it in the DFU mode. All you have to do at this time is to click on Just boot option. This is only if you want to have Cydia and related apps back on your device. As you can tell, jailbreak for iOS 6.1 beta 1 is quite simple and easy.